Zero Kuma Concealer and My Spartan Makeup Kit6:48 AM
During my grandfather's wake, I did without my usual makeup routine. My eyes would well up every few hours, so it was pretty useless. At the same time, my skin was in a bad state. Dehydrated, red, blemished, you name it. Then add puffy eyes and dark circles from late nights followed by early mornings.
Still, I wanted to look presentable for Grampa :) so I reached for the most subtle but indispensable makeup product: Zero Kuma Concealer by K-Palette. It turned out to be a face-saver.
This Japanese product was brought in by Beauty Bar. I appreciate them including information in English. The concealer supposedly doubles as a serum, with Vitamin C, Chamomilla, and prune extract. I know Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant and can be beneficial for the eyes; not sure what the other two can do.
The slanted tip makes it difficult to dispense the right amount of product. I usually get too much... A nozzle tip would have been better. I do like that the tube is mostly transparent, so I can see how much product is left.
This much is all I need for one eye. Any more and it cakes like nobody's business.
- Long-lasting opaque but natural finish.
- Suitable not just for undereyes, but blemishes as well.
- A little goes a long, long way.
- Can cake if you have dry skin. Apply eye cream and moisturizer to prevent this.
- Slanted tube tip dispenses too much product.
The Zero Kuma Concealer is available in 3 shades at all Beauty Bar boutiques for Php 895 for 13 g.
My Spartan Makeup KitHere's the rest of the makeup I used during my stay at the funeral parlor. Very basic, but can make a real difference in the way you present yourself.
- Charm pocket brush set - mainly just the slanted eyeliner brush, brow brush, and lip brush.
- No7 Protect & Perfect Eye Cream - light eye cream that's perfect for day use. I prefer a heavier, more moisturing eye cream with retinol for night.
- Zero Kuma Concealer in No. 2
- Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb - my go-to lip color because it's neutral, not drying, and comes in a tiny handy size.
- In2It Waterproof Eyebrow Color - to define my sparse but scattered brows. Stays all day.
- K-Palette 1-day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyeliner 24h in Dark Brown - My favorite eyeliner. I like brown because it's more subtle, great if you want to look younger. Also ideal for beginners; the pen type packaging and fine tip make application easy. Smudge-proof! I estimate 10 hours before it gets flaky.
In those days I didn't feel much like prettifying, so I just concealed, lined my eyes, tinted my lips, and I was good to go. No SPF because well, I forgot about it. Heh.