A True Travel Makeup Kit (Finally!)5:17 AM
As you can see, everything save for the sunscreen fits in a translucent colored resealable bag. This isn't completely compliant with TSA standards, but it's good enough for local ones. Of note, I actually used this on domestic US trips and passed through security with no problems. The sunscreen, surprisingly, also passed through local airport security. At Laoag International Airport, the security lady looked at it, asked what it was, then let me through.
- Face base. I chose the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer because it performed so well in the US, all by itself. Ummm, not so much in the tropical beach heat. Can you say, shiny? In hindsight I should have brought a finishing powder.
- Concealer. I find that the Garnier BB Eye Roll-On performs better in our weather than in temperate climate. It blends in like real skin!
- Eyebrow color. In2It clear mascara and waterproof eyebrow powder, my eyebrow staples!
- Eye primer. Always a must for me! Etude House Proof 10 eye primer is a local favorite.
- Eye color. Since I suspected there might be events at night, I brought the super versatile and flattering LORAC Pro Palette.
- Eye liner or mascara. L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions is my current favorite mascara.
- Blush. Nyx Stick Blush is a really pretty pink cream blush that comes in a convenient tube. I love using cream blush in the summer, for that natural-looking flush.
- Lip color. I brought just one! A Clinique Chubby Stick Intense.
And of course, tools. I brought everything here save for the brush cleaner.
Here I am, all tan and
And in slightly more flattering lighting. Note that all makeup has meeelted off my face under the intense heat of the sun -- except for the In2It eyebrow powder. ;)
What's in your travel makeup kit?